In these pages you'll find a
-hopefully useful- plugins for the Gimp released under the GPL.
For now, there's only one
plugin (noise). I hope to have more relatively soon. Meanwhile, you can
give this one a try.
This plugin is known to run under Gimp 2.2
It should work with any Gimp 2.x though.
What is this noise plugin?
It's a plugin for the Gimp. It originally started when I needed to
generate noise patterns but with the feature sizes larger than a single
pixel, and I couldn't find an easy solution. I guess it has evolved a
little beyond just that. Take a look
at some sample textures.
- Can generate tileable textures
- Can generate textures for use in spherical mapping
- Can use foreground/background colors, gradients, independent
R/G/B/A or warp an image
- Implements several noise functions
- The way the colors are mapped can be tuned (gradient rotated,
reversed, repeated, etc..)
- Fractal Brownian Motion (fBm) or Multifractal textures can be
- A phase can be specified, which results in the gradual change of
the noise (useful to generate animation frames)
- Can save and load presets
- and more...
A bug was found in the loading and saving
of presets. This affects systems which use a comma (not a
dot) to separate decimals. Fixed in this release
There's a binary release for windows now, thanks to Michael
- Released Felimage Noise
Plugin v 0.1.1.